I’m sure most people have experienced this before; there’s a song that you just associate with a certain person/place/event. Songs with more personal meaning than you could possibly get from the lyrics. Here’s some of mine; if you have some, comment or post on your own blog.
- あたらしい世界 (The Gospellers) - My favorite song out of my entire collection. It’s just so hopeful.
- Runaway (Linkin Park) - A hide-and-seek movie made with Patrick Y. (friend from middle school.)
- Tubthumping (Chumbawumba) - The “Ouch!!!” movies, also started by Patrick Y. My version included clips from Star Wars and SSBM trailers, mostly. Lots of explosions.
- Can’t Get You Out of My Head (Kylie Minogue) - Not a song I’d usually listen to; associated with a “Blair Witch” parody movie by a group of middle school friends. (I wasn’t in it).
- ひとり (The Gospellers) - The dawn of Ancora, and the original group.
- Bop ‘Til You Drop (The Nylons) - Ancora in fall 05, Patrick S., Jeremy, Li, Kevin V., Ken.
- Heaven’s Heart (Testimony) - Ancora in spring 06, Sarah H., Alice, Philicia.
- It’s the End of the World as We Know It (R.E.M.) - My APUSH cram-reading song.
- 100 Years (Five for Fighting) - 100 Years of Solitude, English 4AP summer reading book. Just the name, I suppose.
- Because the Night (10,000 Maniacs) - Our Bluest Eye movie project.
- Somebody to Love (Queen) - Ditto, plus 4AP in general, and the group: Yining, Chris, Stephanie.
- E-bay (Weird Al Yankovic) - Our roller-coaster project, George, Mary.
- 街角~on the corner~ (The Gospellers) -「世界の中心で、愛をさけぶ」, a movie we watched in Japanese class.
- Joy to the World (Three Dog Night) - Cappella 05-06
- Shut De Dō (Randy Stonehill) - Cappella 06-07
- I’ll Make the Difference (Moses Hogan) - Choir in general
- Seasons of Love (Rent / Jonathan Larson) - Sarah F., choir in general, the movie and play, goodbyes.
Whew, that’s a lot. And I probably have more that I just didn’t think of right now. What are some of yours?