This story has been in progress for a long time — a little over 20 months! For the most part I had great fun writing it, and it was an interesting way to keep in touch with the randomness of Speech and Debate even after I graduated. It was not supposed to take this long.
I will admit that there were some characters and dynamics that were more fun than others (Edward vs. Elaine was particularly fun to write). It’s also a bit silly to try to include two dozen characters in a single story and make over a dozen…
The world faded back to white, and Flora opened her eyes.
They floated in a world of color and light, and yet no color could be discerned. There was an ancient echo of echoes in the air, of the great speeches of the past, and yet no words could be made out.
The dust and grime of the battle had faded from their clothes. Fortunately for the PG-pushing-13 rating of the story, the clothes themselves remained.
Richard stood up, though there was nothing to stand up on. “Where are we?” he said, and his voice fell dead with no…
“No!” Elaine cried as the dragon’s conclusion came to a glorious and terrible end. She fell to her knees, their argument shattered.
Edward, ashen-faced, glanced around the room. The group was in terrible shape, with not one of them managing to really score any significant points on the Hahr Kerr. Nearly everyone had tried and failed. There was even an actual cut or two, just for verisimilitude.
It was only Gordon, Richard, and Kushal left.
Gordon shrugged, and stepped brightly forward. “Hey, Mr. Dragon!” he called, as cheerily as he could manage. “Remember the time we all sat around and…
- 2008-09-24 Interlude ζ
- 2008-09-23 Interlude ε
- 2008-09-14 Chapter 27: The Point Where You Can See the End But You Aren't There Yet
- 2008-08-17 Chapter 26: The Middle of the End
- 2008-08-16 Chapter 25: The Beginning of the End
- 2008-07-29 Chapter 24: Jordy
- 2008-07-25 Chapter 23: Flora
- 2008-07-20 Interlude δ
- 2008-06-23 Chapter 22: Kushal
- 2008-06-17 Chapter 21: Edward
- 2008-04-02 Chapter 20: Persia
- 2008-03-31 Chapter 19: Gordon
- 2008-03-01 Chapter 18: Ivy
- 2008-02-20 Chapter 17: Jin
- 2008-02-19 Interlude γ
- 2008-01-22 Chapter 16: Kellie
- 2008-01-20 Chapter 15: Elaine
- 2008-01-12 Chapter 14: Richard...again
- 2008-01-07 Chapter 13: Ten Minutes Prep
- 2008-01-04 Chapter 12: Richard
- 2008-01-01 Semilogue (Part 2 of 2)
- 2008-01-01 DOWNLOADING UPDATE
- 2007-08-26 Author's Note
- 2007-08-26 Semilogue (Part 1 of 2)
- 2007-08-20 Chapter 11: The First of the New
- 2007-08-17 Chapter 10: The Last of the Old
- 2007-08-15 Chapter 9: Persia(s)
- 2007-08-11 Chapter 8f: Da Seul
- 2007-07-28 Chapter 8e: Round
- 2007-07-22 Chapter 8d: Flora
- 2007-07-16 Chapter 8c: Gordon
- 2007-07-06 Chapter 8b: Kellie
- 2007-06-28 Interlude β
- 2007-06-26 Chapter 8a: Tournament
- 2007-06-25 Chapter 7: I
- 2007-04-12 Chapter 6: Kushal
- 2007-03-06 Chapter 5: Edward
- 2007-02-23 DOWNLOADING UPDATE
- 2007-02-22 Interlude α
- 2007-02-20 Chapter 4: Elaine
- 2007-02-16 Chapter 3: Fritz
- 2007-02-06 Chapter 2: Ivy
- 2007-02-02 Chapter 1: Richard
- 2007-01-27 Prologue