Today’s post for NaCreSoMo is a literal back-of-an-envelope sketch (from reference) of the fiend from Juniper’s Knot and Jodariel from Pyre.
Here’s how Brianna Lei bills her short visual novel Butterfly Soup:
A visual novel about gay asian girls playing baseball and falling in love.
- harold they’re lesbians*
- 3-4 hours long
*except not really, one of them is bi
That is pretty accurate, and so this review is going to be pretty short.
To the Moon is one of the best story games I’ve ever played. It’s sweet, funny, and has an element of Truth that makes a story worth telling. It has a great theme song, and it’s only about six hours long. It even has Animorphs references. My one real complaint is that the “gameplay” part is a little forced—silly puzzles that are more frustrating than challenging.
Six years later, creator Kan Gao has “finally” released the sequel, Finding Paradise. Does it live up to the original?
- 2017-12-28 Game Review: Rakuen
- 2017-12-08 "Four Days in Ohtori"
- 2017-12-04 "A Sensation Unending" (DDLC 1)
- 2014-12-15 Game Review: Transistor
- 2013-12-01 "Everything's Alright"
- 2013-03-16 Inkblot (WIP)
- 2011-05-20 Adoption (in Portal) / Rapture (IRL)
- 2010-12-20 A Review of Machinarium