There’s been a little thought experiment I’ve been asking (cis) people over the last year or so, just because it’s interesting to hear the responses:
If you woke up tomorrow with a body clearly of the opposite sex—different voice, different chest, different height and body shape, whatever—and you were going to have to go about your day like that…what pronouns would you want people to use?
Miki’s eyes snapped open.
Pink curtains. Stuffed animals.
Rather, Tatsuko’s eyes snapped open.
Here we go again.
For about two months now, Maebara Miki and Teraoka Tatsuko had been experiencing what the internet was calling “Kimi-byō”, or “You Syndrome”. About once a week, the two high school students would wake up in each other’s bodies, an experience that would usually last until they went to sleep at night. The phenomenon seemed to only be occurring in Japan, although there were a few unconfirmed reports from South Korea as well. When the first cases had been discovered, scientists from all over…
- 2017-04-08 Movie Review: Kimi no Na wa
- 2015-03-26 "Distractingly Hot"
- 2013-11-24 Pet Peeve: "I will NEVER understand women."
- 2013-04-14 He-Man and Zelda
- 2012-01-27 Khmer Gender
- 2011-10-24 Three Sides (Afterword)
- 2011-09-08 Genetic Discrimination
- 2011-09-06 Society vs. Individual Choice
- 2011-08-27 The Gender Games
- 2011-07-19 More on Sexism: The "Women's World Cup"
- 2011-07-16 English Pronouns
- 2011-06-15 Movie Review: X-Men: First Class