I watch you passing judgment
And barely remember to breathe
What happened to the peaceful
promise that we’d seen?
What is in your prayer
So precious it can’t be seen
Watching the world turn unstable
Is that really what you mean?
These thoughts will fester
No matter how nice or mean
Is it love that drives this
Is it frightening you like me?
I can’t tell you to stop
You’d pout, wouldn’t listen to me
But your pain is real, believe it
Think it, say it, grieve
Don’t leave us disoriented
Don’t leave us with no room to grieve…
Extraordinary, the electricity
Racing from birth to its destiny in the graveyard
Captive to the ribbon of light
Flying down Escher’s waterfall
Spinning and then spinning down into defeat
Eternity gone dark, passion to depression, landscape to imagination
Its once existence now a daydream
Today’s Doki Doki Literature Club poem is quite literally about electrical circuits. I mean, it sounds like the circuits are a metaphor for something, but nope, I was just thinking about circuits and run-down batteries.
Actual game is still in Normal High School Dating Sim mode, but knowing that it’s going to…
A sensation unending
An unstable universe, a friends thing
The agonizing hope and dream I’m sending
O’er this time we journey through
I, comfort you?
We travel alone, apart, as two
And the melancholy is no less true
For my clumsy attempts at cheer
But, tenacious here
I promise that I’ll stay near
Despite the pain that is perhaps more my fear
I’ll do what I can, mending
For I’ll count myself lucky
To count you in my family
Someone for whom I can sing
I started playing a visual novel called Doki Doki Literature Club on the…
- 2017-03-21 "Twixt the Hand and Brain"
- 2017-03-01 "Icons"
- 2016-03-30 Losing Sleep
- 2016-03-08 Yet Another Riddle Poem
- 2015-09-29 Old Happened
- 2015-09-28 HI-Approved Finger
- 2015-09-20 Unending
- 2015-09-15 Just Because You Can, Doesn't Mean You Should
- 2015-09-14 The Assassin and the Wanderer
- 2015-09-13 Jack be nimble, Jack be Swift (TM)
- 2015-09-12 45 Self-Adhesive Security Lined Envelopes
- 2015-09-10 Bigger On The Inside Of The Death Star
- 2015-09-09 What did the penguin say to the chicken?
- 2015-09-08 The Space in the In-Between
- 2015-09-07 Floating Laptops
- 2015-09-06 stranger in a box
- 2015-09-05 qa and the developers tears
- 2015-09-04 vibrant red things awaken gently
- 2015-09-02 Eighteen Wizards, Two Kobolds, And A Dragon
- 2015-09-01 The Unbearable Politeness of Being
- 2015-03-30 "Bechdel Tests"
- 2015-03-19 zsh Seuss
- 2014-09-29 Krakatoa 1883
- 2014-09-28 "Down"
- 2014-09-26 (a sedoka)
- 2014-09-25 Iambic kilometer
- 2014-09-22 it started with a fart
- 2014-09-20 Hgalkh! 3AM!
- 2014-09-19 Cockroaches in a sink
- 2014-09-18 Not growing up, just burning out
- 2014-09-17 Charging Station
- 2014-09-16 The Broken Door
- 2014-09-14 A Primer of Urban Physics
- 2014-09-13 Lingua Franca
- 2014-09-12 From Imperceptible Amelioration to Inevitable Fragmentation
- 2014-09-11 Democratically Elected Poems Don't Have Titles
- 2014-09-10 I am a tree, you are a bee
- 2014-09-09 Alternate Universe Nega Jordy Takes Over the World!
- 2014-09-08 Writing Home
- 2014-09-07 This sounds fun 😉
- 2014-09-06 Fifty seven
- 2014-09-05 Incidental Stuffs Forward Falling Bluffs
- 2014-09-04 The Golden Goal
- 2014-09-03 The Noodle Incident
- 2014-09-01 The Only Thing Left is Google
- 2014-03-29 Pop Song Interlude
- 2014-03-25 "Self Editing"
- 2014-03-21 Parents
- 2014-03-17 Paint
- 2014-03-13 More Riddle Poems
- 2014-03-07 Light Reading for Up-Goer Five
- 2013-09-30 lost on me
- 2013-09-29 The Ballad of Joe Programmer
- 2013-09-28 Chainsaw Dynamo
- 2013-09-27 The Future I Envisioned
- 2013-09-26 Life is Beautiful!
- 2013-09-25 What lego said to playdough
- 2013-09-24 Almost learned
- 2013-09-22 Stephany
- 2013-09-21 Soul. Sole. Seoul.
- 2013-09-20 Not Quite Human
- 2013-09-19 Magikarp! I choose you!
- 2013-09-18 Ode to Limbaugh
- 2013-09-17 the story begins anew
- 2013-09-16 Holy Jesus Christ in a Milk Pail
- 2013-09-15 Double-edged Sword
- 2013-09-14 Made of Tape and Wire
- 2013-09-13 Berkeley Triangle Man
- 2013-09-11 Haven't we met?
- 2013-09-10 Tower of Brahma
- 2013-09-09 expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘*’ token
- 2013-09-08 Surprise me
- 2013-09-05 More than PRose
- 2013-09-03 Lucky Penny
- 2013-09-02 Never Mind Reality
- 2013-09-01 nyarf
- 2013-03-30 NaCreSoMo Status Update
- 2013-03-17 Reciprocity
- 2013-03-14 Self-Descriptive Poetry
- 2013-03-09 A Slightly Different Yellow Submarine
- 2013-03-01 Haha Punctuation
- 2012-09-29 A Reasonable Title
- 2012-09-28 are you sure shel sells sea shells by the shore?
- 2012-09-25 Monday in Hell
- 2012-09-24 The Reader's Dilemma
- 2012-09-23 Ode to a Crotchety Nun
- 2012-09-21 Living in a Dreamworld
- 2012-09-19 The flirt was up to no good
- 2012-09-17 Freedom from thought
- 2012-09-16 The Prophet
- 2012-09-15 Love at First Spite
- 2012-09-14 BARTing on the BART
- 2012-09-12 Chicks and Chickpeas
- 2012-09-11 What is 1 + 1?
- 2012-09-10 But for the Loveliness of Potatoes
- 2012-09-09 Love and Fear
- 2012-09-08 Romancer of Reality
- 2012-09-04 The Kingdom of Bacon
- 2012-09-03 Sleep Now
- 2012-09-02 Fluffy Dog
- 2011-05-28 What Do You Say At Graduation?
- 2011-01-01 Dibs! ZOMG DIBS!!!
- 2010-12-30 the fish who realized it was swimming in its own toilet
- 2010-12-29 A Perfectly Indented Sea
- 2010-12-27 On the Perils of Allowing Partial Credit
- 2010-12-26 Off by 1 errors and the face palm of justice
- 2010-12-23 2007 Financial Crisis
- 2010-12-22 I'll Be Damned
- 2010-12-20 Platypus Pie
- 2010-12-19 Fish and Fiddlesticks
- 2010-12-19 Butternut Squash
- 2010-12-16 The old cellar door
- 2010-12-16 Love, or How I Conquered the World
- 2010-12-15 Daytime
- 2010-12-13 Memoirs of a Park Bench
- 2010-12-13 A Portrait of the CS61A Student
- 2010-12-11 And how can man die better?
- 2010-12-09 the one with the flaming zombies
- 2010-12-09 Syphilis, As Far As Strainers Go
- 2010-12-07 A Suitable Excuse for a Polka Dot
- 2010-12-06 Plaid Flannel and the Space Hipsters
- 2010-12-05 Sticky Corpses
- 2010-12-04 Terrible, Terrible Damage
- 2010-12-03 A Sad Excuse for a Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 2010-12-03 A Scathing Invective on Foreign Food
- 2010-12-01 Defenestration of the Polar Bears
- 2010-04-11 Chromacy
- 2010-04-11 Carroll Wordplay
- 2010-04-11 Writer's Reminiscence
- 2010-04-11 Visual Poems
- 2010-04-11 Haiku
- 2010-04-11 Short Poems
- 2009-09-26 Poems from Astro Class
- 2007-10-12 DHMO
- 2007-09-06 Horton Hatched a WHAT‽
- 2007-08-22 Mu
- 2007-06-10 A Poem for Graduation
- 2007-04-17 Writer's Folly
- 2007-01-17 A Poem