We’re back with the second episode of Sarazanmai: “I Want to Connect, but I Want to Take”. New episodes seem to be coming out on Saturdays, so I might catch up this weekend, or I might take another week.
Ikuhara Kunihiko, the guy who made Revolutionary Girl Utena (well, half the team) is known for being generally bizarre, putting way too much symbolism in his shows, and then adding a topping of unhealthy sexual content, and wow I didn’t even do that one on purpose.
Anyway, he has a new show, called Sarazanmai, and unlike Utena it gets to all of that in the first episode. So, uh, content warning for this entire blog series! I’ll be more specific for individual episodes, but for now you should read the Wikipedia article on kappa and decide if you want to proceed.
(contains spoilers for Revolutionary Girl Utena)
It’s a coffeeshop not too far from my apartment. They have tables, but they’re all full, and I’m here alone anyway, so I’m sitting in a tall chair at a bar against the wall. My laptop’s out, but I’ve got nothing to do at the moment, so I’m alternately clicking through Facebook and watching the customers go in and out.
And then a woman with pink hair catches my eye. She’s probably around my age, maybe a few years older. (But I know I’m bad at guessing ages.) Her black track jacket gives her…
- 2018-03-25 Wakaba et al (sketches)
- 2018-03-20 "Memoirs of a Student" (part 6)
- 2018-03-05 "Memoirs of a Student" (part 5)
- 2018-02-24 "Memoirs of a Student" (part 4)
- 2018-01-12 Thoughts on Sketches
- 2017-12-08 "Four Days in Ohtori"
- 2017-03-26 "Remember Me" (plus sketches)
- 2017-03-16 "Memoirs of a Student" (日本語で)
- 2017-03-14 "Memoirs of a Student" (part 3)
- 2017-03-07 "Memoirs of a Student" (part 2)
- 2017-03-02 "Memoirs of a Student"
- 2016-12-04 "Shining Armor"