Songbird Symphony is a cute little game about a bird looking for his parents. It’s a sidescrolling puzzle-adventure where the “boss battles” are variants on a rhythm game requiring you to press keys in time with the music (think StepMania). The puzzles are all pretty simple and the rhythm game doesn’t stop you from continuing if you get a less-than-perfect score (I usually retried until I got A-rank but not S-rank), so the appeal is just that it’s cute and fun. But it is cute and fun, and not too long, and there’s a free demo if you want to check it out.
Today’s post for NaCreSoMo is a literal back-of-an-envelope sketch (from reference) of the fiend from Juniper’s Knot and Jodariel from Pyre.
- 2018-01-28 Review: Butterfly Soup
- 2018-01-01 Game Review: Finding Paradise
- 2017-12-28 Game Review: Rakuen
- 2017-12-08 "Four Days in Ohtori"
- 2017-12-04 "A Sensation Unending" (DDLC 1)
- 2016-01-23 Undertale
- 2014-12-15 Game Review: Transistor
- 2013-12-01 "Everything's Alright"
- 2013-03-16 Inkblot (WIP)
- 2011-05-20 Adoption (in Portal) / Rapture (IRL)
- 2010-12-20 A Review of Machinarium