Pounding on my door. I was sleeping, dang it. My flatmate H paces up and down the hall, shouting something and banging on my door and S’s. S’s girlfriend C is over too.
I get up and stumble to the door. It’s still nighttime—“What’s going on?”
“There’s a fire next door,” H repeats. “Our neighbors are evacuating.”
After seven years, I’m leaving Apple. I wrote about it on my other blog.
Last weekend I went contra dancing on a date.1 It’s been a while since I’ve done any blog posts, so sure, let’s talk about that.
Contra dancing is one of those country dance styles, like square dancing, except the primary form is two long lines facing each other (hence “contra”, “opposite”) instead of four partners in a square. There’s a sequence of…moves? steps?…that make up each dance, which the main “caller” will explain up front and then call out for the first few rounds. Or as my date put it, “it’s people making patterns with live music”.
- 2018-08-26 "Gauntlets and Greaves" / Re: Re: Fanfiction
- 2018-04-07 Celebrity Encounters
- 2018-03-10 Identity
- 2018-01-12 Thoughts on Sketches
- 2017-01-27 "Will I hide you?"
- 2016-09-02 Dream Setting
- 2015-11-11 "Hey, Allison"
- 2015-03-24 What's in a Name?
- 2015-03-17 Emotional Proprioception
- 2015-02-01 In-groups and Out-groups
- 2014-08-31 Ten Books That Have Stayed With Me
- 2014-06-14 Re: The Traced Portrait Project
- 2013-06-22 "Asian"
- 2013-06-09 The Traced Portrait Project
- 2013-03-20 On Creation
- 2012-06-15 Cocoa Geek
- 2011-08-31 Apology
- 2011-08-13 Slow Mental Clock
- 2011-02-15 "What's Wrong?"
- 2011-01-07 Puerile Parenthood
- 2011-01-01 Phones and Photographs
- 2010-12-29 Thinking in Color
- 2010-12-27 Relationships vs. Probability
- 2010-12-20 Movie Review: The Social Network
- 2010-07-29 Symmetry
- 2008-01-19 Science as Religion
- 2007-12-02 Movie Review: August Rush
- 2007-09-23 Sincerity
- 2007-09-11 More Song Associations
- 2007-09-03 Spontaneity
- 2007-01-27 Weird Song Associations
- 2007-01-17 A Poem
- 2007-01-14 Prologue: On Blogs
- 2007-01-11 I Am